99 Suburban 2500 Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
With a vehicle as old as yours, expect to replace almost EVERYTHING

Is that what "loading up the parts cannon" means?

Find and fix the problem. Only replace parts that are provable to be bad -- IF -- it relates to the problem.

Make a list of parts that'll be of use later. Then, and only then, advocate for parts cannon maintenance

thebigcar

Reaction score
Is that what "loading up the parts cannon" means?

Find and fix the problem. Only replace parts that are provable to be bad -- IF -- it relates to the problem.

Make a list of parts that'll be of use later. Then, and only then, advocate for parts cannon maintenance
Parts cannon AFAIK refers to troubleshooting a problem by blindly replacing associated parts, one at a time, until the problem is fixed.... cars aren't engineered to last forever and even if they were, some materials like plastic and rubber naturally disintegrate over time. If you have a vehicle over 20years old or over 150k/mi expect to replace EVERYTHING because they are at the end of their service life.

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Parts cannon AFAIK refers to troubleshooting a problem by blindly replacing associated parts, one at a time, until the problem is fixed.... cars aren't engineered to last forever and even if they were, some materials like plastic and rubber naturally disintegrate over time. If you have a vehicle over 20years old or over 150k/mi expect to replace EVERYTHING because they are at the end of their service life.

That was written in sarcasm.
Actually it means throwing everything at it, all at once, in the hopes that you accidentally fix it in one fell swoop, by shear desperation.

Chad_MT

Reaction score
Quick update, made an appointment with my trusted local mechanic, too busy with work and trying to get my 64 gmc on the road before spring is in full swing. He's fixing a few other nagging issues for me and is going to try to track this down for me. I'll update once it's back in a few weeks.

Papablunt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Quick update, made an appointment with my trusted local mechanic, too busy with work and trying to get my 64 gmc on the road before spring is in full swing. He's fixing a few other nagging issues for me and is going to try to track this down for me. I'll update once it's back in a few weeks.

Did you ever figure it out?