99 shorty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yevgenievich

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Love the truck. Minus the flares. Would love to have one. Almost everyone you see here in Ohio is 4wd and rotted out or beat up pretty bad.
Not a fan of flares my self. Looking from front or back looks a bit odd with flares sticking out. But not sure what would be behind if pulled them, and seem to start getting used to them

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’ve never been a fan cause they cause rust. Unless your using them on a 4wd to cover up some rust.
My '00 Denali and my '98 Suburban came with OE flares, though they are 4x4's... I think they, and the OE running boards are responsible for saving the rockers from 200,000 miles of New England salty winters.
Seeing as the Denali is my primary plow truck here in New Yuck, and I really HATE to drop the Unimount, just to run it through the car wash, then reattach it 20 mins later... there they'll stay!

And, as ugly as the Avalanche was, the cladded body panel ones lasted longer than the more attractive unclad.

Last edited:

89obsSB

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My '00 Denali and my '98 Suburban came with OE flares, though they are 4x4's... I think they, and the OE running boards are responsible for saving the rockers from 200,000 miles of New England salty winters.
Seeing as the Denali is my primary plow truck here in New Yuck, and I really HATE to drop the Unimount, just to run it through the car wash, then reattach it 20 mins later...

And, as ugly as the Avalanche was, the cladded body panel ones lasted longer than the more attractive unclad.
Yes that is true here in Ohio. Most avalanches that are uncladed are more crusty than the claded ones.