99+ mirrors ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Afiggis

Reaction score
Seems a lot of people recommend boost auto mirrors. Will the 99 and up mirrors mount on my 98? Seems likely Ken the newer ones have a heat feature. Obviously I would have to figure out the wiring. Thx

JackE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just buy some for your 98 that are heated. Not hard to find on eBay and Amazon.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Got to have the GMT400 mount for it to work on our trucks. 99+ mounts are larger than ours. There have been a couple people on here that have disassembled the newer tow mirrors and put them on the GMT400 tow mirror mounts to achieve what you are looking for. It's a bit of work to do that though. https://www.gmt400.com/threads/k2xx-2015-style-towing-mirror-disassembly-how-to.32506/

A lot of people do recommend Boost Auto and 1A Auto for tow mirrors.

bugdewde

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
https://www.dieselplace.com/forum/6...-mirrors-blinkers-reverse-lights-defrost.html

There's my write up . Bought mirrors on eBay. GMT 400 base with newer features. ... $120-130.

This thread has my pics from my install for wire locations. Couple posts down in thread.
https://www.gmt400.com/threads/turn-signal-wires.44851/

EDIT !!!!
The reverse light wire behind the "A" pillar on the pictured '99 Suburban LT is NOT the reverse light wire on my '95 Suburban LT.
'99 & '95 are not the same wires!!!!!!!!

95 reverse wire is underhood under the hydro-boost next to the steering shaft. Light Green.

Last edited:

bugdewde

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just to update some info.... on the reverse wire.

Light Green Reverse wire is behind the driver's "A" pillar if the vehicle has auto dimming rear view mirror.
When you select reverse, the rear view mirror will not dim .... for proper viewing at night in the event there are cars or other lights behind you.

If no auto dimming rear view mirror, you can use the C103 harness under the master cylinder on the firewall ...... OR ...... the wire going to the reverse switch on the transmission body.

Last edited:

98chevy2500SS

Reaction score
Do you have any pics of the truck with the new mirrors on? I looked at your thread on Diesel Place and couldn't see them. :)

bugdewde

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here's one on the '95 I just installed.
You must be registered for see images attach

Here's the '99 I did on the diesel place forum.
Collapsed position.

Extended position.

Here's the back up courtesy lights......

Last edited:

bugdewde

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Video of the notorious "shake" the aftermarket mirrors undergo. It's the large glass portion, not the whole mirror assembly.
Not bad, but it is there.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

98chevy2500SS

Reaction score
They look pretty good on your Burbs! What brand were they? Did you have any issues with the wiring for the mirror positioning? Some people reported that some brands have the wiring mixed up: Up-goes down, left-goes right, etc.. Did they have the chrome version as well? I am debating on getting this style of tow mirrors for my 97.

bugdewde

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not real sure of manufacturer..... Bought on eBay .... just search...
" your year suburban (for defrost) tow mirrors power heat signal clearance (list all options wanted) " ..... You get the jist.

Yes, my left & right (in/out) were reversed on both sets. I can live with it. Rarely adjust once set.

Yes, Chrome is available.

I've also seen some instead of forward facing LEDs they have sequential LEDs but more pricey.