99 K3500 PCM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WillB

Reaction score
Due to an internal issue with my PCM in my truck, I need to replace it. Problem is, the paint is all gone and there is no sticker on top showing the part number. My mechanic pulled the number 09374044 with is SnapOn scanner but that brings up nothing when either him or I do searches for the correct part. So the question is, where can I look for a part number? I haven't tried pulling it to see if there are any factory markings on the bottom side of it yet. Is this a call GM and see if they can tell my buy giving them my VIN?

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What engine do you have? I believe there were some minor differences 96-97. Not sure if 98-00 were all the same. Guys here are pretty savy and will hopefully post what you are looking for.

I've got a 00 K3500 with 5.7. I can take a look when I get home tonight.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just a thought, are you interested in a tune at all? If so you could get in touch with Black Bear Performance and have them send you a tuned PCM. It's around $350 with free alterations for life and you won't have to worry about matching PCM part numbers.

WillB

Reaction score
What engine do you have? I believe there were some minor differences 96-97. Not sure if 98-00 were all the same. Guys here are pretty savy and will hopefully post what you are looking for.

I've got a 00 K3500 with 5.7. I can take a look when I get home tonight.
Truck has the 454 in it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

WillB

Reaction score
Just a thought, are you interested in a tune at all? If so you could get in touch with Black Bear Performance and have them send you a tuned PCM. It's around $350 with free alterations for life and you won't have to worry about matching PCM part numbers.
Hadn't really thought about going custom tune. Truck is a bone stock 454 that is my daily driver/work/plow truck. Are there many gains to be had by going custom tune for a stock truck?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Are there many gains to be had by going custom tune for a stock truck?

IMO yes, it's one of the best improvements you can make for the money. I had Black Bear tune my red '97 which is a mostly stock V6 truck and it made a significant difference in power and general behavior. The stock tunes for these trucks leave a lot on the table.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Um, mine is fading somewhat too. Not sure if the 5.7 and 7.4 share the same black box ECU. Someone can hopefully jump in. Maybe just different tune?