99 K2500 Burb Adventure/Camping/Hunting Rig

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1952Chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
While I had some time today, I decided to finally look into my EGR and O2 sensor codes. I put the old EGR valve back on, and found that when I installed the new one I didn't put a gasket on. Not sure if it was a gasket issue, or if the new EGR valve was bad. I only replaced it because it came with the truck.

For the O2 sensor, I had attempted to replace it before, couldn't get the old one off. I sprayed it a few times with PB blaster, and then never attempted it again. Today it came off without any real issue. Seems to have taken care of the problem.

1952Chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well today, my power steering leak is back. Not as severe as when the line was leaking, but definitely leaking. The pump as a whole is covered in fluid so I can't really tell where it's leaking from. I'm debating on trying to track it down or just replacing the pump.

1952Chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Leaving work the other day my interior drivers door handle broke. Ordered one from amazon, just installed it. Works better than ever. Probably should have ordered one sooner, it was always giving me trouble prior to actually breaking.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
Time to do door pins/bushings too. That's generally the root cause.

I've had good luck with the ones from Classic Parts.

1952Chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Time to do door pins/bushings too. That's generally the root cause.

I've had good luck with the ones from Classic Parts.
Yeah that's on the agenda as well. Instead of ordering those, I just ordered the Cunningham Machine lower steering shaft to finish off my front end rebuild. Hopefully that fixes the wandering. The suspension parts did great, but I knew the rag joint was bad just didn't take care of it at the time.

Also ordered some mirrors. My passenger mirror has been broken forever. Now that I've been driving it daily I need that fixed.

1952Chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This week I got my Cunningham Machine steering shaft, as well as my Ebay tow mirrors.

I haven't had a chance to install the steering shaft yet, but I am excited to do it this weekend.

The tow mirrors are a HUGE upgrade! I still need to do the wiring for them. The listing made it sounds like the power portion was plug and play, but they didn't have the proper connector. The plan is to use the connectors from the old mirrors and splice them to the new mirrors to provide power controls, and heat. Then I will have to wire up the back-up/turn signal lights and that will be good to go.

I also ordered some remotes and got them programmed so I can use my keyless entry. Just need to replace the front door lock actuators. Slowly but surely making progress. I have enjoyed daily driving the truck for the past couple weeks, but it's about time to fill her up, and I am not looking forward to $3.65/G when I do.

I also have decided I would like to get rid of the console and try to fit a jump seat/center console in the truck. That or a GMT800 console. I haven't completely decided which. I am just not a fan of the center console currently in the truck.