99 K2500 Burb Adventure/Camping/Hunting Rig

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
She's running great, I was worried about the oil cooler lines popping out of the block again(already happened twice). Today I put in AN -8 lines with a threaded adapter straight into the block. No more worrying about the oil lines. It was a lot easier than I expected. I had never worked with AN line before but it's pretty nice stuff.

Still trying to pinpoint my power steering leak. Probably just going to replace all the power steering lines and be done with it.

I have an 02 sensor that's throwing a code. Bank 2 Sensor 1. I went and got a new one today, and started the process of soaking the old one in penetrating oil everyday for the next week and hope that works. The location of the sensor is pretty hard to reach, and I can't even get the O2 socket on it, so I will be attempting it with a wrench. If that doesn't work I will just disconnect the exhaust from the manifold and that should give me the clearance I need.

It has become my DD, as the wife's car is awaiting an engine replacement and I'm fighting with the dealership about the warranty. So far no major issues.

Next up is rebuilding the front end. Every bushing is shot. I'll be doing all new bushings, ball joints etc, new wheel bearings, and cv shafts(passenger side is shot).
Did you get that O2 sensor changed? On my 5.7 L31, I was able to use a 7/8" wrench on it. Was on the driver's side, though,and my Burb is a 2wd.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
The original one kicked the bucket in 2020, and I couldn't get the right angle on it, to get it out. Had to take the Burb to the independent garage I use, and pay them $45 to put it on the lift and change it. That sensor went bad about a year later, so I replaced it, no issues getting it out. Best part was getting $55 back from O'Reilly's, since that sensor was lifetime warranty!

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I changed all 4 O2 sensors on my 5.7 K3500. Took about an 2 hours. I bought that Lisle special socket that you put a breaker bar. Also got the thread chaser from Lisle. It wasn't too bad, but I do remember one of them I couldn't see it. You gotta do it by feel.

A 1/2x 16" breaker bar works really well under there. I tried the 24" breaker bar, but it was too long. I didn't have tall jackstands then. The more leverage then better to break them loose.

1952Chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, I'm doing a lot of yard work. Completely renovating the back yard, pulling up all the existing landscaping and grass, and starting from scratch. Rented a dump trailer to haul it all to the dump.

I installed the brake controller (Tow Pro Liberty), but it did not come with a pigtail, so I couldn't wire it. I ordered that as soon as I realized. Was scheduled to show up today, which is the day I wanted to start hauling stuff off. I got the trailer this morning, and decided I would just do a light load(brush) since I didn't have the trailer brakes. Trailer weighs about 4k empty. Truck didn't even seem to notice it was back there.
You must be registered for see images attach

Pigtail arrived and I got that wired in, and trailer brakes work.

You must be registered for see images attach

You can see where I mounted the controls for the controller. In this picture I hadn't mounted the main unit yet, but it's mounted down by my left foot on the firewall. I really like the way this controller works.

The other day I replaced the blower motor, and resistor. While I was there I found the seat belt dinger in the glovebox. I knew the door open switch for the drivers door was broken(was not visible. So while I had the dash apart to mount the brake controller knob I fished out the connector and replaced the switch(I had kept it from the parts truck). Then I reinstalled the dinger. I really need the dinger, because I forget to turn the lights off all the time. I have gotten so used to automatic lights, that I don't think about them. Problem solved. I don't like the dinger when the truck starts though.

1952Chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They are NEVER done!
They are not! I did that AN oil cooler lines(thanks for the P/N's). I could not be happier. I am no longer worried about loosing all of my oil. I really need to do my power steering lines as I am loosing fluid like crazy. Now I have boxes of parts in the garage I need to get installed(including my power steering lines), but this yard work is taking all of my time. Need to get the grass planted before it starts to get to hot.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
They are not! I did that AN oil cooler lines(thanks for the P/N's). I could not be happier. I am no longer worried about loosing all of my oil. I really need to do my power steering lines as I am loosing fluid like crazy. Now I have boxes of parts in the garage I need to get installed(including my power steering lines), but this yard work is taking all of my time. Need to get the grass planted before it starts to get to hot.

No worries man, happy to help! That's the whole point of these forums, learn, help, vent, etc.