'99 K2500 6.5 Diesel Suburban Overland Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raildawg1

Reaction score
I'm just about to start the same project myself. Yours is in much better shape. You have a good place to start from. looking forward to watching your build.

Reaction score
Nice burb man. I'm jealous of those rust free southern trucks. The last burban I got was surprisingly rust free even though it was from ny and it looked very similar to yours when I started. Good truck and good luck.

TexasCurt

Reaction score
This is actually a Maryland truck.... it was owned by some municipality up there. The guy I got it from bought it at auction.

Nice burb man. I'm jealous of those rust free southern trucks. The last burban I got was surprisingly rust free even though it was from ny and it looked very similar to yours when I started. Good truck and good luck.

TexasCurt

Reaction score
I haven’t updated this in forever because i really hadn’t done much yet! The paint shop just finished up the repaint. I decided to go back with the factory white. I removed all body moldings and won’t be putting them back on (I got some current model black badging to use instead). I also had the chrome bumpers powder coated black, as well as a grill guard that I bought off another guy. The interior is stripped and i had a spray-in sound insulation applies to the floor.

More pics to come soon... we will be making some major progress in the next two weeks.

You must be registered for see images attach

TexasCurt

Reaction score
I’ve also installed a new 5” turbo back exhaust, removed the vacuum pump, deleted the vacuum pulley, installed a shorter belt, installed the Heath Turbomaster mechanical wastegate controller, and the Heath inline HD lift pump.

When doing this other work I discovered the fuel tank had a pinhole leak, so I installed a new tank and sending unit.

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
I really like where this build is going.

Thought about doing something similar for the new family camper to replace our 3rd gen 4runner that got totalled.

Ultimately went with the pickup but living a little vicariously thru this build.

Also not sure what they call that front end on this model but I love it. Wonder if it could be pulled off body color or no. It looks great on the black/white trucks.

e30dean

Reaction score
Great job on the build. How does the vacuum pump delete with the mechanical wastegate feel? Was yours bad previously? Mine is still working so I'm not sure if I want to do it but since I am planning to get it tuned, I have to decide now.