'99 K1500 Suburban "Storm"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here's a current picture of the engine bay. I installed a gmt900 engine cover and a remote oil filter kit as an oil catch can. The next thing for the engine bay is to finally install loom on my wiring and build an air intake box for my filter so I'm not sucking in hot air from the engine bay.
You must be registered for see images attach

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, I have a massive oil leak on the 6.0. I haven't figured out yet if it's the rear main seal/rear cover seal leaking or if it's my oil pan gasket leaking, but it lost a quart and a half over the last day of driving it. After parking, it has a pretty steady stream of oil coming out from the back of the engine somewhere.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Well that can't be good... Hopefully it's something easy enough to replace.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Here are my letters haha. Putting them on rear left barn door.

Thinking of getting a badge from a cruze/equinox rear end for the grille. Size of the badge is very close to the 94-98 badge above it.
Looks intriguing. How much does GM get for this emblem? The clear part came off my truck's grille and l have thought about painting it the body color but haven't done it yet.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Last time I checked, LMC wanted almost $80 for the factory style gold bowtie, but I could be wrong. Kind of outrageous either way. What color is your truck?

Edit: Man I was WAY off on that price, LMC wants $179.95. Yeah... that's right... Almost $200 for the grille emblem: http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cd/full.aspx?Page=38

Last edited:

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks intriguing. How much does GM get for this emblem? The clear part came off my truck's grille and l have thought about painting it the body color but haven't done it yet.
I'm assuming you're talking about the sport emblem? They go for 60 bucks and up new on EBay. I'm not sure about the regular emblem.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The swap still doing good and worth it?
It's going great so far! I'm finally getting around to swapping to a 3.73 front diff and installing a new steering pump and my blue top steering box I've had since Febuary. Driveability with it is excellent and it has plenty of power to do anything you want to with it (I want more power though ).

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Last time I checked, LMC wanted almost $80 for the factory style gold bowtie, but I could be wrong. Kind of outrageous either way. What color is your truck?

Edit: Man I was WAY off on that price, LMC wants $179.95. Yeah... that's right... Almost $200 for the grille emblem: http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cd/full.aspx?Page=38
Damn, you could get the grille for that! My truck is that ubiquitous platinum/autumnwood mist. I think it's paint code 11? GM must have gotten a great deal on this paint because they are still common even 20 years on.