'99 K1500 Suburban "Storm"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Getnit

Reaction score
I got new headers for Christmas and threw one on my lq4 to see what it looked like and how much room I have from the engine. I also test fitted the alternator bracket I bought as well. If all goes well, I will have a lq4 swapped Suburban in about 2 months!
You must be registered for see images attach

Getnit

Reaction score
Came across your build today looking for information. First, nice job and congrats!
I am in the middle of putting together a Lq9 for my 1998 k1500. Collecting some final parts needed.

I see you had a header part # 72c-2266, what make are these, and did they fit well? Also, what front accessory parts did you use, (alt bracket, pulley tensioner, and ac bracket?)

Thanks for any info, will get some pics posted soon.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Came across your build today looking for information. First, nice job and congrats!
I am in the middle of putting together a Lq9 for my 1998 k1500. Collecting some final parts needed.

I see you had a header part # 72c-2266, what make are these, and did they fit well? Also, what front accessory parts did you use, (alt bracket, pulley tensioner, and ac bracket?)

Thanks for any info, will get some pics posted soon.
Thank you! The headers are pacesetter headers. The drivers side drops in no issue, but the passenger side was tight going in. For front accessories I had a custom ac bracket made to reuse my stock compressor and lines, and a goat built passenger side alternator bracket for the alternator. Hope this helps!

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thank you! The headers are pacesetter headers. The drivers side drops in no issue, but the passenger side was tight going in. For front accessories I had a custom ac bracket made to reuse my stock compressor and lines, and a goat built passenger side alternator bracket for the alternator. Hope this helps!

The goat built bracket uses a 2000s jeep wrangler 4.0 tensioner pulley too.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Haven't posted in a while, but the Suburban is still doing great!
I picked up a 14 bolt sf and installed it last weekend. Those 3.73 gears made a world of difference over the factory 3.42s.
I ended up getting a deal on a set of 799 heads and a nnbs intake manifold as well. The heads will be ported, polished, and installed when I do a cam swap, but the intake will be going on sometime this month.
I've been studying on how to keep my return style setup and I think I have it figured out. I'll find out Saturday when I play around with the idea and do some test fitting.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks great! I saw your Burb sitting at that office outside of Salisbury last Friday; looked sharp as a tack!

Where'd you get the 14-bolt from?
Thanks man! I lucked up and found it at a local salvage yard. I have overlooked that truck for years and didn't notice until recently that it was a 14 bolt!

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Few updates on Storm:
Installed a "tbss" intake from a 09 Chevy express van, ended up using the corvette fuel filter to keep my return line. I had ordered a cheap G Plus throttle body but I am having all sorts of issues with it so I have a Warr Performance throttle body on the way.
I have a dyno appointment set for this coming Saturday, hoping to see some good numbers and gain some low end from this intake.
I have an oil catch can I need to install, 799 heads to install once I get a cam to throw in it, and new mufflers to put on. Other than that, nothing else has really changed.