'99 K1500 Suburban "Storm"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Honestly the LS engines eat up small grind cams and make them feel stock. What I mean by that is a 224 cam in a 5.7 vortec engine feels huge but a 224 cam in a 5.7 LS engine is considered small.

I ran a 224/224 .581/.581 114LSA cam in my LS with port/polished/milled .018" 5.3 heads and while it was fun the cam was pretty mild. If I was to do it again even on a daily driver LS engine I would at least look at going with the 228 TSP cam. Still not so big it would hurt daily driving but would definetly put a smile on your face.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm really loving how this is looking! Got my AN fittings, -6 AN stainless fuel line, quick disconnect fittings, fuel line adapters, and oil cooler bypass plate in today. Any tips on how to cut the fuel line so it doesn't fray?
You must be registered for see images attach

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Doing some past due brake maintenance on the burb. The passenger side was worn down to the backing plate and eating into the rotor, so I replaced them with new Wagner ceramic pads and some coated drilled and slotted rotors we've had on the shelf for many years. Man do those rotors make a difference after breaking them in!

I believe my passenger side caliper is wanting to stick again, so I'm doing the 2500 caliper swap as I'm typing this, and doing some annual cleaning and undercoating. I also decided to paint the new calipers red to give it a sportier look.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

rags77

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, I finally got around to pulling the lq4 and got to bring her home! Now it's time to start collecting parts I need to do my swap.

I decided against buying the transmission due to the fact that it had a bad leak where the transfer case bolts up and was probably in need of a rebuild. I figured my one year old 4l60e should be able to handle a stock lq4 for a little while before giving out.

I'm also finding good use of my old k&n air intake.

Sweet setup...Is your red truck a late 80s Toyota ex cab...

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ls swapped guys, will my 6.0 2500 flexplate bolt up to my 99 Suburban' s 4l60e torque converter? And can I use my 99 Suburban power steering lines on the 6.0 pump? I know I need to get a non hydroboost pump first.

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ls swapped guys, will my 6.0 2500 flexplate bolt up to my 99 Suburban' s 4l60e torque converter? And can I use my 99 Suburban power steering lines on the 6.0 pump? I know I need to get a non hydroboost pump first.

You can use the hydro boost pump, just cap the extra return line. The power steering lines will work. No idea on the flex plate.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can use the hydro boost pump, just cap the extra return line. The power steering lines will work. No idea on the flex plate.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Okay, thanks!

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

I believe there is a required spacer for the flex plate