'99 K1500 Suburban "Storm"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, I figured out my fuel pressure issue.

Before I replaced the fuel pressure regulator it was reading 55psi. I checked it after I replaced the intake manifold gasket and the fuel pressure regulator, and it read 50psi. I replaced my fuel filter thinking that it could've been getting stopped up and checked it after to find it at 48psi.

I went out to start it before heading to class this morning and it did not start because it wasn't getting fuel. Guess I'll be buying a new fuel pump soon.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here is the pressure with the key on, engine off. When I started it, it remained at 48psi. It did not drop but a couple psi after shutting the engine off.
You must be registered for see images attach

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Getting the smell of raw gas when I try to start it. Pulled the number 3 plug wire to see if it gets spark and it does, and it runs. When I plug it back in it doesn't start. Also if I pull the wire completely off it runs, just without the #3 cylinder firing. Any ideas?

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Unplugged #3 wire at the distributor, it fired up and ran. When I plugged it back in while running it killed the engine. Tried unplugging #1 with #3 plugged in and had no start.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
#3 injector hung open? Would explain raw gas and low fuel pressure. Just a thought.
Could be. The injectors appeared to be fine when I replaced the poppet clips though. I'm about tired of throwing money into this 350 and ready to swap a lq4 in her.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A hung open injector wouldn't cause the engine to not start though. I'm puzzled

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
A hung open injector wouldn't cause the engine to not start though. I'm puzzled

You got a point. If your still running the old poppet style spider, it could be the source all your problems. I've seen them cause some strange problems. If you decide to replace it. The updated one with the injectors instead of poppets is well with the money! I put one in my 98. The difference was unreal. But then again I had two poppets not wanting to open!

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Swapped out the coil and icm, same thing. Swapped wires to see if a wire was bad, same thing on cylinder 3... going to change the cap and rotor and try a different spark plug if that doesn't work.