99 C3500 Crew Dually build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dave_erald

Live the dream, or don't, your choice...
Reaction score
Welp, I went and bought a Crew Cab dually 2wd with a dead 6.5 in it.

Plans to repaint all white, toss the box in favor of a flat deck, 4wd convert with a SFA, and throw a refreshed 6.5 back in, or some other yet be determined diesel engine combo. Oh...and turf that nasty ass tan leather interior.

Shot a quick video earlier today, figured it be a good excuse to introduce the new truck

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

dave_erald

Reaction score
I just started into that spare engine, 506 block with diamond precups. But with every precup has at least a crack in it, and it being a 506 block I may just end up turfing everything...

The 2dr I'm driving has a good 599 block that needs new rings but otherwise it runs mint. If I had the ability to make a lower stud girdle like the p400 engines have I'd slap that on. Oh well. I'm sure I'll end up sticking with the Detroit Diesels. Something wrong with my brain, probably has something to do with everyone saying don't run them that makes me want to I think

dave_erald

Reaction score
Welp...I pulled the dead 6.5 out of the crew. Was told "yeah I think it still runs, sounded like it had a knock though, prob needs an engine"

Hmmmm.....no ****

You must be registered for see images attach