99 4l60e. transgo shift kit or B&M electronic shift kit??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kran

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hi! i've been researching on this site and debating whether i should go with a transgo shift kit, or a B&M electronic kit, or do the $3 resistor mod i found on this site. i have electrical experience so im not afraid to do the resistor mod. i have a 99 4dr tahoe with the 4l60e and factory HD trans cooler. would i be able to do the electronic one with no issues? i'm not sure if i have torque management or not...also, the only place i'd be able to do the transgo kit is at my buddys place a few towns over and i dont want to burn myself on 200F oil haha...thanks much

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If your truck hasn't been tuned, you still have torque management.

TransGo HD2 is the kit you want. The B&M stuff isn't nearly as nice.

Kran

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i thought TM was only available in the newer body styles. gmt800+. thanks for the reply though!

Last edited:

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nope. GMT400s have torque management in the PCMs as well. And you're welcome!

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
i thought TM was only available in the newer body styles. gmt800+. thanks for the reply though!

What do you mean by saying only available? What are you calling torque management?

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
New feature for the vortec era engines. The computer pulls timing for all manner of things to 'protect' the engine and transmission.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have the B&M electronic shift kit to me I can tell that on the second mode it shifts firm much firmer than in one mode now I do have a Corvette servo that I'm debating on putting it on but I'm afraid it might hit real hard but I wonder if I would put the B&M kit on stock mode how it would hit decisions decisions. :hmm:

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
10-15 ohm resistor

Torque management is still there but its not noticeable unless you dip down closer to 5ohm

I believe stage 1 on B&M is around 20 ohm and stage 2 is 5-10 ohm for reference.