99-02 center console block off plate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TCBRacer77

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hello. I’m looking for the notoriously evasive block off plate for the 99-02 center console… does anyone have one for sale or can point me in that direction?

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
That plate that fits over the lower center heat vent to redirect the air around the leading edge of the console?

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It probably won’t do any good, but here are the GM part numbers should a search online show up anything. A dealer may be able to search nationwide for it as well.

You must be registered for see images attach

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Think he's talking about the long Escalade/Deanali console.
Those need this plate that goes over the heater outlet & diverts the air around to the sides of the console.
Without that part, the heater blows directly into the console.
Hot console. Cold feet.

Those 2 tubes fit into those indents in the front of the console.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, I wasn’t sure which one he needed. They put a short version of the console in 99-02 which didn’t have the part that fit against the dash (the part that included a slave CD or tape deck) and used a block off plate in that case. @kennythewelder used one, I think. They’re hard to come by but ideal for retrofitting into our trucks for functioning cupholders if nothing else.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, I wasn’t sure which one he needed. They put a short version of the console in 99-02 which didn’t have the part that fit against the dash (the part that included a slave CD or tape deck) and used a block off plate in that case. @kennythewelder used one, I think. They’re hard to come by but ideal for retrofitting into our trucks for functioning cupholders if nothing else.

One of the machinest
at our shop, does custom signs out of plexiglass. He owed me a few favors, so I got Him to make me a blankoff plate, out of plexiglass. I had Him lazer etch the Silverado logo in it. I glued some thin aluminum plate, that I painted black, and back lite it with some LEDs. I tied the LEDs into the dome light circuit, so it comes on, when the doors are open. I also had Him make me 2 small bowties that I inserted into the console front section that I built with the custom shifter, that I also built. They are also tied into the same wire as the back plate, so they also come on when the doors are open.

Attachments

• 20210110_121521.jpg
    20210110_121521.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 20210110_120033.jpg
    20210110_120033.jpg
    236.6 KB · Views: 13
  • 20210130_111901.jpg
    20210130_111901.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

TCBRacer77

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Yes im looking for this one, the block off plate for the front. I’ve called the dealers and they did their national search and nothing. Lol