98 Suburban K2500 454: Magnaflow Direct Fit Front Cat Pipe Hits Driveshaft

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CTX-SLPR

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ironically the original cat pipe has a warped flange so the balance of the leaking flange and the bad cat work out to no CEL. It does not run nearly as smooth with the leak though. Need to get it fixed now we're here.

yevgenievich

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ironically the original cat pipe has a warped flange so the balance of the leaking flange and the bad cat work out to no CEL. It does not run nearly as smooth with the leak though. Need to get it fixed now we're here.
Randy muffler in Hearne usually does all of my projects. Can get vband flanges to replace flanges. I found on my cat pipe, it was not that the flange was warped but the previous gasket material not cleaned off well enough.

CTX-SLPR

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is warped, the pipe just behind the flange is dented and you can see daylight even after attacking the flange with a wirewheel and razor blade. I did grind/file it flat enough in the past to get it to seal with double gaskets but it's warped again with use. I'll dig through the pile of mandrel bends I have but they're 304 vs. 409 stainless.

CTX-SLPR

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's going back. For the refund amount I can get both cats and a new set of flanges for the joint and rebuild the existing pipe. A piece of 409 stainless to fix Magnaflow's pipe was another $100 so pass.