98' silverado RCSB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin29365

Reaction score
Thermostat may be working fine after all.

Going to try and get all the a/c stuff out tomorrow and install new. 8 oz of oil is what it calls for, then tuesday pull vacuum and charge it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Justin29365

Reaction score
Old A/c stuff out, just waiting for new parts to show up so I can install, add oil, pull vacuum and charge. :grd:

No oil in old compressor and maybe 0.5oz in accumulator. From service manual looks like I need to add 3.5oz to new accumulator and 2oz to new compressor.

Justin29365

Reaction score
Ordered wrong kit from Rock auto, came with pag46 oil in compressor. Sent it back and just picked up a kit from Autozone.

Got everything installed and pulling vacuum now, pulled for a few mins and closed off gauges with no movement away from -20 for a few mins. Doing the 30 min vacuum pull now and will follow with 30 mins sitting with guages closed to make sure I don't have a slow leak somewhere.

Will then fill with the 2lbs needed and hopefully have no more issues.

You must be registered for see images attach

Justin29365

Reaction score
Filled and its blowing ice cold, held -30 for half an hour so no leaks and hope for none in the future.

Now just needs a good wash to get off the grease handprints.

Justin29365

Reaction score
Solid back glass and windows tinted. Next will be a bluetooth radio and better speakers and maybe a sub. Also still need to get a front and rear bumper and rocker/cab corners replaced. Will be a new truck pretty much after all that.

Swap in a 411 pcm and a small cam later down the road.

Last edited:

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
Nice looking truck. I'm a fan of solid back glass too. Just seems like a cleaner look.

Justin29365

Reaction score
Ordered new key fobs last week and they came in today. Mine would not unlock truck from more than 10 feet away.

Wanted to solder in a small wire on antenna in remote for more range and wanted backups in case I messed it up.

Well after following unpairing/pairing for remotes the old one is now locking/unlocking from much further away without doing any soldering....new ones have just as good of range.

Now I have 3 good remotes instead just the one [emoji106].

Justin29365

Reaction score
Well starting tomorrow my truck will be my primary vehicle. Have been leasing a car through my job and I turn it in tomorrow morning.

Will be looking for a decent honda accord for a second vehicle over the next couple weeks.

Sapperdaddy

Reaction score
Sharp truck, very clean. How many miles did it have when you bought it?

Justin29365

Reaction score
Sharp truck, very clean. How many miles did it have when you bought it?

Just over 191k, put almost 4k miles on it so far without missing a beat. But I'm on the fence about selling it, miss my sedan. Didn't think it would bother me but going from a 2018 bmw sedan as a daily to a 1998 truck was rougher than I thought.

More than anything I miss the extra room my car had.

Just going to daily this one until I get an acceptable offer....or maybe buy another car and keep the truck.

If that's the case will finish the 4/6 drop, fix rust and rhino line the bottom 1/4 and inside bed and use it for a winter toy and motorcycle for the spring/summer/fall.

Last edited: