98' silverado RCSB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin29365

Reaction score
Texas wheels and an 07+ hood look sweet together.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Justin29365

Reaction score
Had an exhaust installed today, sounds really good. Just went with a single Flowmaster 40 2 into 2 run out 45° at bumper.

Looks like one of 2 previous owners tried to get cat off and broke bolts off in flange. Then welded flanges together and it was leaking pretty bad.

So had cats removed and just replaced withpipe. No check engine light thankfully.

Last edited:

Justin29365

Reaction score
Ordered pitman arm, idler arm and bracket.

Figure if I'm getting an alignment it might as well have all new steering components.

Picking up drop spindles and hangers tomorrow also wheels/tires if their in stock. Will also be replacing rotors and calipers when new spindles go on.

Justin29365

Reaction score
Hangers getting done this week hopefully, them rivets are a *****. Ordered Ridler 695 chrome to go on it after drop is complete.

Last edited:

Justin29365

Reaction score
Ground all the rivets down and knocking The Hanger off made it a whole lot easier getting the rivets out. Once the hanger is off it only took about two swings with the hammer to knock out each rivet. Got everything back together now I'll just need to get the bed on it and maybe start on the drop spindles tomorrow.

Last edited:

Justin29365

Reaction score
4" rear drop completed, low enough for me think the 20's will look real good once I get the front end finished. Has settled @ 31.5" in rear so far, hoping once I get shocks on and drive some it will settle a little more. Hoping on 30" fender height in front and close to that in back, tires will sit at 29".

Wheels will be at the shop in about a week or two. Just need to get the shocks on when they come in and spindles, idler arm + bracket and pit-man arm installed. Then I can get an alignment and start driving it off/on. Then want to have a solid back glass put in and window tint put on.

After that some other stuff I want done later down the road, bed liner, rust fixed, bottom of truck sprayed with bed liner after rust is fixed and install a stereo. Need to hit up the local junk yard for a GMC grill and a few other nick knacks I been eye balling.

Think it was a little passed due for a new set of shocks, just went with bell-tech drop shocks. Hopefully they will give something close to what these junk shocks did b/c they did ride pretty smooth to be blown out.

Last edited:

Justin29365

Reaction score
Drop spindles done, need to finish rotors and calipers today. Idler and pitman will be in layer this week and can do those. Then wheels can go on and I can get my alignment.

Getting very close to being able to daily drive again. Have to get wheels in first, can't run my stock 15s on drop spindles.

Justin29365

Reaction score
Got front end finished for this week, still need to install rear shocks and pit-man/idler arms to be ready for an alignment.

Last edited:

Justin29365

Reaction score
Out with the old, Idler arm and bracket replaced. Going to try and do the Pit-man arm next week when I get off. Wheels should in by then and I will have everything ready for an alignment hopefully.

RoJo2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks like a nice little project. Very good job on the write-up as well. I’ll be keeping an eye out on your progress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk