98' silverado RCSB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin29365

Reaction score
Not as good of resolution as I wanted.

Looking pretty good after the buff with polishing compound. Now need to wax it tomorrow and probably pull seats/carpet and see if floor has any rust....[emoji849]

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Just need to pull a front wheel and see what rotors I have so I can order my lowering kit.

Need to get a dent pulled out on driver side rear fender well, may try to get it out next week. Still debating on pulling the rest of the body trim off.

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Justin29365

Reaction score
Pulled seats and carpet, no rust under their luckily. Picture was before I got the carpet cleaned and seats as well, going next week to price out fixing the rust issue and dent before I do wheels and drop.

Don't want to put drop on cause I can't use the stock 15" wheels and don't want my new wheels on it while it sits at a body shop getting repaired likely over a week or more. May go ahead and order it all but not install the spindles until after rust issue is taken care of.

Justin29365

Reaction score
Charged the AC and its blowing freezing cold, heck yeah maybe it will last until fall.

Justin29365

Reaction score
Cruise didn't work when I bought the truck, I noticed when backing into my garage the other day the brake lights only come on if I pushed down real hard.

Decided to check brake switch, fought the clip for about 10 mins and got it off. It looked ok, was the original it looks like. Went ahead and bought a new one today to replace it. Couldn't get the connector to plug in b/c it had no slack in wires.

Finally got the other end loose from its mount and had some slack and found 2 wires broken. Fixed with butt connectors and pulled another wire out of the pin on the other end while trying to reconnect.

Opened pin and soldered wire back in for now, have a buddy who is going to mail me the full wire with both connectors for it. Its $66 for both connectors/wires at autozone, so much appreciated. Probably have to fight the new clip off to swap them...so my just keep it put for when it needs it.

Long story short....cruise now works and brake lights come on when they are supposed to now.

Justin29365

Reaction score
Well a/c back warm....think its leaking out of schrader valve on fill side. Heard it leaking after filling but depressed and released and it stopped when I put cap back on.

Going to change the valve out and refill with some dye and see if their are anymore leaks. At least the whole a/c kit is only 200 from rock auto.

Justin29365

Reaction score
I got some parts ordered this week:

All new control arms with preinstalled ball joints and bushings
Inner and Outer tie rods and couplers
Lowering shackle
Headlights
Third Brake light

Plan to install new control arms this week and hold off on tie rods until I put on drop spindles. Going to try and brake loose the bed bolts this week to prepare for hanger install. Trying to have an exhaust installed this week as well, and get a quote in fixing the rust issue I have. After rockers and cab corners are replaced, I think I am going to have the bottom sprayed in bed liner, still debating that. Would want to pull trim and spray from the body line down all the way down my truck.

Think I am going with the Ridler wheels, haven't decided which ones yet. I am stuck between the 645/695/650 in 20" had 22" Boss 338's on my 87' C10 I liked the look but EVERYONE here seems to run this style now.

In a few weeks will decide on wheels and order hanger, spindle, wheels.

Justin29365

Reaction score
Drop shackles on, waiting on complete control arms being delivered today and going to pick up new front shocks.

Need to spray that frame with some rust inhibator.

Also have tie rods coming today, holding off on them until I do drop spindles though. Hopefully will be able to get a shop to do my exhaust by this weekend as well.

Justin29365

Reaction score
Whhhheeww forgot how much a pita swapping control arms are with no pneumatic tools.

Got one side almost completed, still need to grease bearings, install all cotor pins, new shock, dust cover, rotor and caliper

Justin29365

Reaction score
Finally finished the front end, got everything back together yesterday.

Today I got the new headlights put in, now need to find somewhere to adjust them.

Need to decide what wheels I am going to run now so I can get them and do the drop spindles.

Going to try and call monday and have an exhaust put on. Either flow master 40 or 50 series run out to back at 45° at each end of bumper.

Last edited:

Justin29365

Reaction score
Found that I can get replica Texas edition wheels in 20s for my truck. As well as Snowflake replicas.

I do believe I will be going with one of these, probably the Texas edition wheels in silver. Love that style wheel and it will be easy to clean.

Last edited: