98 Silverado rcsb ls swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raulfelix24

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

well I’ll start off by introducing myself. My name is Raul and I live in San Antonio Texas area. I have a 1998 Silverado rcsb that I purchased in October of 2018. I have been a part of this forum for a while just never posted. When I bought the truck it was pretty straight but had a blown 5.0 in it. I purchased a lm7 (5.3) along with transmission that came out of an 05 suburban. I began to work on it slowly and began the swap. This was my first time tackling a swap like this. My goal was to have a truck that looked factory was fun and reliable. I did all the work myself with the help of a buddy. I would like to give credit to Brendan from LT1SWAP.COM. His website proved to be an invaluable resource. The engine was put in the truck with no modification and I added a lextech ac bracket to retain my factory a/c. For the fuel system I went with the corvette filter. I also went with an aluminum driveshaft while I was at it. I currently have about 1k miles on the truck and still have some looming to do on the wiring. Truck runs great but would like to address the suspension that makes the truck feel like it’s 50 years old. I have added a few pictures of the truck although the wiring in the engine bay now looks much better.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
Welcome Raul. Hoping to LS swap mine one of these days.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
:welcome:

Raulfelix24

Reaction score
Thank you guys!
Stumpy you should definitely do it. It’s not hard to do the swap. This is coming from someone who had never worked on wiring on a vehicle.

Dubs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Awesome start and good looking truck. For suspension I would look at your bushings and shocks and springs. I replaced all mine and ball joints. Like factory new.

Raulfelix24

Reaction score
Thanks Steve!
Dubs, that’s the plan. I can actually see chunks missing off of the upper control arm bushings. I would like to buy moof parts but they are expensive. I have also been looking at the blilstein 4600 stunts/shocks since I don’t plan on going to low.

Dubs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks Steve!
Dubs, that’s the plan. I can actually see chunks missing off of the upper control arm bushings. I would like to buy moof parts but they are expensive. I have also been looking at the blilstein 4600 stunts/shocks since I don’t plan on going to low.

I got moog upper and lower control arms for mine. I want to say it was $90 each with new ball joints from rock auto. I ordered the whole assembly control arm and ball joints all ready assembled. Wasn't to bad putting them on. Just need to get realigned, unless your smart enough to mark where the cam positions are and not clean the frame removing your marks. DOH! I did that. I think it was $500 for everything on mine. Pitman arm, uppers and lowers, tie rods, and I'm missing something. But drives beautifully.