98 SAS 2 Door Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
Don't know how much of a build this is going to be because it's mostly done as is and I may be selling it to my cousin in a while, but I can keep it updated here either way.

I'm not in a position where I need another vehicle and certainly not a third L31 4x4 GMT400 SUV, but this was too good of a deal to pass up.

It's a 1998 2 Door Tahoe, was apparently a government owned fleet truck from Texas. Body is in great shape except for a little dent where the rear bumper was pushed in at one point. What's left of the interior is in decent shape but could use a good cleaning. Vinyl floor has been removed from the front and some of the interior plastic trim is missing but it's nothing I can't source locally.

Front axle is a Dana 44, rear is a 9.5 14 bolt, both with 4.10 gears. Passenger drop 241 has already been swapped in and it's already got a front driveshaft, so all of the big ticket items are out of the way. Previous owner had an arm rigged up to keep the factory driver drop t case shifter, but it's disconnected at the moment.

First order of business will be a stock hood and Chevy grill, maybe a diesel bumper if the local yard has any this week. Next is getting the 4x4 hooked back up.

You must be registered for see images attach

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
Chevy grill
Stock hood
Leather steering wheel
Carpet installed
Factory GMT800 head unit
Escalade speakers
Replaced intake gaskets, plugs, and wires
Stock intake