98 pass door armrest

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xAFNYx

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So when I bought my truck, the passenger armrest was crushed. Womp Womp. I recently found This replacement piece.

I removed the door panel and surprise... It's not straight forward.

Has anyone done this repair before?

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your link's not working for me. Might be my ad blocker. What year is your truck?

My '88 and '89 have plastic tabs that go through the door panel, and metal clips on the backside hold them in place. You pretty much have to cut the metal clips off and install new ones. It's a pain in the butt to get the new clips on because they're so tight.

xAFNYx

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Your link's not working for me. Might be my ad blocker. What year is your truck?

My '88 and '89 have plastic tabs that go through the door panel, and metal clips on the backside hold them in place. You pretty much have to cut the metal clips off and install new ones. It's a pain in the butt to get the new clips on because they're so tight.
Its a 98. But I pretty much figured out that they want you to just cut the whole section of the door panel off and use this piece. I just returned it and am just going to use fiberglass resin