98 k3500 driving me insane. Wiring harness issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like your name

I would fix the fuel spraying issue first, that seems like a more severe issue than the fuel pump wiring for now. Take the top of the intake off and see whats going on in there.

For the wiring problems, I assume you have tried a known good relay already?

Yes! An injector stuck open can cause enough fuel to fill the cylinder and cause a hydrolock condition. You can bend a rod if you crank like this.

Joe Dirte

I'm an idiot!
Reaction score
May be a dumb question... Is ur security light on the gauge cluster on? That drove me nuts for days on my 98. Heavy drinkin probly didnt help me remember that issue at the time that i knew about.

Reaction score
Yes! An injector stuck open can cause enough fuel to fill the cylinder and cause a hydrolock condition. You can bend a rod if you crank like this.
I will check it when the sun moves its 97 degrees here and the truck is directly under the sun no shade. But as for the other issue with no 2 sec prime or power to relay what are the chances the the harness pinouts to ecu being different amongst years and models? Ie 98 3500 vs 98 2500 do u think the pinouts are different?

Reaction score
Well I compared the pinouts from the new harness to the hacked up one of the old harness and the pinout locations are different. I'm betting that's why I got no fuel pump so my question is should I try and get the ecu from the 2500 all this came from? (My head hurts this truck killing me)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I went back to the guy today and purchased the ecu that was in the truck I still have no power to pump. Question on the white ecu plug there is a white wire that is not connected. What is it for? If I ground it and hook a test light ground clamp to it And touch a positive with the test light tip the relay outside of the fuse box clicks. What is that relay for?