98 K3500 Crew Cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

konajoe

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I watched this truck sitting in someone's yard for seven years. One day i finally stopped and knocked on the door and was able to purchase the truck, it even came with a free pine tree. As it turns out it's been parked since 2006. The truck is a basic Cheyenne model with A/C, tilt & cruise and has 129k on the odometer. The cab & chassis is in surprisingly good shape for a New England vehicle. The utility bed is junk as the floor is completely rotted away.

You must be registered for see images attach

konajoe

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Power washed off all the barnacles and grime yesterday, doesn't look half bad. The passengers side has a lot of the typical GM peeling paint & primer

Pretty basic interior but it's all there, just need some serious cleaning

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dang, already looks like a million bucks! LOL.

Lots of options for you. The good thing is that you don't really have to update much on these trucks as far as drivetrain:

Torque-y, reliable engine, check
Strong tranny, check
Beefy rear axle, check
4.10/G80, check
Pretty robust front axle, check
Strong transfer case, check
Hyrdoboost-assist, massive brakes, check

Aparke4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I vote SAS and trail bed and 37's but what do I know?! Might be biased as thats my current build with a k2500 ext cab... and eventually going SAS! WFO has a great kit x member and link kit for a ford dana 60 and they can redrill to 8x6.5 too.

konajoe

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lots of options for you. The good thing is that you don't really have to update much on these trucks as far as drivetrain:

Torque-y, reliable engine, check
Strong tranny, check
Beefy rear axle, check
4.10/G80, check
Pretty robust front axle, check
Strong transfer case, check
Hyrdoboost-assist, massive brakes, check

Exactly... only thing that could make this truck any better would be the L29 Vortec 454

I vote SAS and trail bed and 37's but what do I know?! Might be biased as thats my current build with a k2500 ext cab... and eventually going SAS! WFO has a great kit x member and link kit for a ford dana 60 and they can redrill to 8x6.5 too.

Nice, I'm seriously thinking of going this route. This truck is a good candidate to build a clean trail/camping/overland style rig vs stock resto.