98 K2500 Hydroboost to NBS/GMT800 Hydroboost

Discussion in 'Axles + Brakes' started by CTX-SLPR, Mar 2, 2021.

1. CTX-SLPR

CTX-SLPR OBS Enthusiast

The hydroboost is leaking on my 98 K2500 Suburban, it's wet back where the cast iron front and rear halfs meet up. I've done some searching but most of what I see is for 1500 Vac to hydroboost. I would love to make my brakes work a bit better on my Suburban with the GMT800 Master as well which I believe requires the GMT800 hydroboost. It seems easy enough to go hydroboost to hydroboost other than swapping the mounting plate from the GMT400 hydroboost over.

Big question I didn't see an answer to was the pedal pushrod? I have pulled a pushrod out of a hydroboost before so I could do that but it does leave the crimped socket a bit mangled. Seeing as the core value is pretty minimal on the GMT400 unit can I cut and splice them like was done to extend the GMT800 in this thread (https://www.gmt400.com/threads/gmt400-vac-to-gmt800-suburban-hydroboost-conversion-detailed-write-up.27168/) ?

Thanks

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
  2. rojas84

rojas84 I'm Awesome

I have one ready to go into my c2500 that I swapped the pushrod and the mounting plate I removed from an 04 yukon XL haven't got around to installing yet but will get it done as soon as the snow melts .. I did put a tac weld on the 800 hb when I put the 400 pushrod in

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

3. CTX-SLPR

CTX-SLPR OBS Enthusiast

Looking forward to seeing how it works out for you.

rojas84 likes this.
  4. yevgenievich

yevgenievich OBS Enthusiast

Interested in the same swap. Will try to see if gmt800 with hydroboost comes by the local yard.