98 K2500 Fuel pump - brake pedal issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Put a fuel pressure gauge on it, while you shut the truck off with the brake pedal, and watch to see what it does.

Reaction score
look at your dash when i wont start , is the security light flashing, im having same problem , the cause is the passlock security system , check all contact on ignition switch , mainly the red and yellow at the key switch clean those, check them for being loose, if it isnt that check passlock module , it sits under cd player or cubby hole under a/c controls , but you have to remove ash tray and power panel to get to it

L29Sub

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If the engine stops, the fuel pump stops. No RPM, no fuel. The security usually stops the engine after a second or two. No when brakes are applied. I'm going with the above post that says check all wiring under dash adjacent to the brake pedal. This is interesting. I'd be looking for some voltage reads on pink underhood, and any other b+ and ignition sources for loss when brakes are applied. When it dies, are all dash lights coming on? Oil, batt, and whatever? Does radio work when it dies? Is the firewall damaged near the booster? Any movement at the brake booster? It isn't hydroboost (with vacuum) so it isn't the PS pump locking up. You can disconnect the transmission harness and verify the TCC isn't causing an issue. It'll run, but might have to jump the starter or neutral switch. Be careful and verify it ain't in gear...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk