'98 K2500 ECSB L29 NV4500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smokymtn65

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
New here, found this project that was not running a drug it home. No rust, 109K had bent push rods, and wrong guide plates. replaced those truck runs, but not great. has 3 yr old gas in tank, P0339, P0401, P1153 I drove it about 20 miles coughs ans sputters a bit runs ok at different times. It has potential so will pick off the problems one at a time.

smokymtn65

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
After running it around 30 miles on Wednesday, I went to start it this morning and was going to drive it to work (50miles) mostly to run the gas through it since it has a 1/2 tank and was sitting for 3 years . Well it wouldn't start. I did the same thing a week ago once, just crank and hit every once in a while. Didn't have time to hook up scanner and see if I could tell what was going on. So fired the old 6.5 Subby and came on in.

smokymtn65

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Still dealing with no start issue, It has spark, drained fuel, put in fresh fuel but only had a couple minutes to try it, cranked a couple times no love. fuel pressure is 49lb after one hour drops to 38 after 3hours it was 25. When I powered the pump is sounded like fuel running (the hose trickle) sound I have read about. I do have a set of injectors (28lb) that came with the truck. I haven't put them in till i was read to do the 0411 upgrade & tune. All suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

smokymtn65

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Changed injectors successfully without breaking any tabs off fuel rail, Going to pull cap of distributor and take a peek inside and see what kind of shape it's in.

smokymtn65

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Update, Change the distributor and cap & RB , Buttoned it up and she runs pretty good, Got my pin out from LEX. Need to do a flash or go ahead with 0411 to make the 28# injectors happier, put 100miles on happy with the way it ran. put I think i rolled the valve cove gasket on driver side its leaking out the back.

smokymtn65

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Will put this here as to not add useless info to other threads.. LOl Picked up a 0411 PCM yesterday and two harness ends. One is to build a bench top tester/programmer harness. What to play with LS droid & PCM Hammer some. And picked up 3ft of 3in exhaust tubing to build a custom dual 3in in to 3.5in out collector. Pictures when its more than a stick of pipe!

smokymtn65

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Finally got started on my custom y pipe. Dual 3in into 3.5in
You must be registered for see images attach

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
Truck totally sucks, especially if it has clearance lights. What a POS.. /s

Much want for that thing. Want to trade for an '89 shortbox regular cab 350 4x4 five speed truck?