98 K1500 Z71 Font End Rebuild From High To Low

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
definitely cleared it up though. I'm unsure if not having the shocks on mine before putting the sway bar in made a difference either way, as I did raise my LCAs to make it actually fit, and that could still be done with or without the shocks there. I did find it more difficult to get the links on than the bushings, bushings took a bit more brute force, but fiddling around in that tiny opening under the LCA while lining everything up was a PITA.
Good, I don’t want to be responsible for your stroke! :death:

LCALDERA98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
okay so I have no tension on the control arms except maybe the shock and the sway bar links I have both torsion bars disconnected
and this is how much space I have to fit that bushing in
You must be registered for see images attach

LCALDERA98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
and this is just jacking up one side keep in mind the sway links are tight on all the way I just have the top nut on screw on a couple threads

Last edited:

LCALDERA98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
this is having both sides jacked up

this is me trying to get my pink through the side

Last edited:

LCALDERA98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
me almost getting my pink to go all the way from the back

not sure how ima get that bushing through

and this is my stock 89 ford 2.2 turbo probe GT

SomeTahoe

Reaction score
It looks like enough room to me, maybe slightly less than what I had? I would imagine you could shove those bushings on (maybe easier to do that before trying to get the bar into the exact place) then muscle the bar into where it needs to be to get those threads started. Might take some more pushing/tugging/prying on the bar to get everything in, but that looks like things are lining up about the way they should be. Are the bushings able to fit snug around the bar?

SomeTahoe

Reaction score
Yeah, it wasn't a smooth operation when I did mine, if you have a small pry bar I'm sure that could help. A little forceful persuasion probably wont hurt either, it's been a couple months since I went through this process so I'm a bit hazy, but I believe I was able to slip the bushing onto the bar, then push/pry it into the right position.

Thinking about it with hindsight and those pictures, I would imagine if the bushing was put on the bar with the flat side forward and the split facing down (seeing that the sides are the thinnest part), you could likely get it into place by then rotating the bushing until it the flat side just falls into the mounting surface on the frame that it connects to. Maybe I'm overthinking it, maybe we both are. Like i said, the bushing can take a bit of persuasion and be fine, just not sharp objects and I would probably use a rubber/wooden/rawhide mallet before a metal hammer on it. If you are just using hands for persuasion, definitely no need to worry, you aren't going to ruin that bushing with your bare hands on accident.