98 K1500 Z71 Font End Rebuild From High To Low

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Go reread your post, none of us know what you're trying to say:-D
Maybe I’m reading what SomeTahoe posted, but he seemed to be saying his sway bar install went easy without his shocks installed.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Release shock your shock.
Or, is it oriented the correct way?
I see what the confusion is @454cid and @SomeTahoe. “Release the shock” as you had your shocks out SomeTahoe to make sway bar install easier.
The “Or, is it oriented the correct way” is more of a joke I was making about the sway bar being oriented the correct way. And OP I really was joking. I guess it looked like I was asking if the shock was oriented correctly.
Was in the middle of getting my bed on and not paying attention. Sorry! o_O
Edit: The bed on my truck. NOT the bed I sleep on. I guess I should try and be more specific! :anitoof:

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I sat down for a minute, waiting for help to show up getting my bed back on, when I wrote that. It finally hit me for what it looked like. Was a hasty post!

SomeTahoe

Reaction score
Yeah, I sat down for a minute, waiting for help to show up getting my bed back on, when I wrote that. It finally hit me for what it looked like. Was a hasty post!
definitely cleared it up though. I'm unsure if not having the shocks on mine before putting the sway bar in made a difference either way, as I did raise my LCAs to make it actually fit, and that could still be done with or without the shocks there. I did find it more difficult to get the links on than the bushings, bushings took a bit more brute force, but fiddling around in that tiny opening under the LCA while lining everything up was a PITA.