98 K1500 Z71 Font End Rebuild From High To Low

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LCALDERA98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ill buy some pry bars today and work on it tomorrow after work its 50 degrees right now and raining tomorrow should be a good 90 degrees and sunny hopefully..... it is tornado season here now

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not really sure of the difficulties being encountered but they are split bushings. Drop the clamps on both sides at the same time, install bushings, re-install clamps. Okay so source a couple longer bolts to get them started and clamped down, remove one at a time and put oem ones back in.

A sway bar is spring steel and the last thing you need to do is beat, bang, nick, or otherwise chew the surface up with what can turn into fractures such as the bar in the photo is showing.

Last edited:

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
My 0.02 for what it's worth, I'd pull the end links, drop the bar, install bushings and loosely clamp them before reinstalling links. Definitely clean up that bar or replace it before installing new bushings.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think he bought a new sway bar.
My 0.02 for what it's worth, I'd pull the end links, drop the bar, install bushings and loosely clamp them before reinstalling links. Definitely clean up that bar or replace it before installing new bushings.

Attachments

• 5F5007EF-A86B-4335-B144-A6E4466AB99F.jpeg
    5F5007EF-A86B-4335-B144-A6E4466AB99F.jpeg
    193.4 KB · Views: 5

LCALDERA98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i figured out why i was having such a hard time putting those bushings in

so the control arms are from Astor and since i didnt have any load on the control arms ( just the shocks and end links )

You must be registered for see images attach

the end of the lca would bump the bar up causing the bar not to rest in its grove but rather lifting it closer to the frame making it almost impossible to put that bushing in even if i jacked the lca to make it even it still would lift the bar so i just took the lca bolt out and hit the lca with a harm to move down and the bar fell right in place and it have me extra room to but the bushings in and also the brackets once i took out both lca bolts out it took about 4-6 minutes and each side to but the bushing sand clamps in