98 K1500 Z71 Font End Rebuild From High To Low

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LCALDERA98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 98 k 1500 when I bought it it was lifted not sure what it has been done to it and neither did the guy I bought it from he. he told me hw won it from a bet and he let his family member diver for a while then it stopped starting.
You must be registered for see images attach

anyways I have no idea what's been done to it but I got it started and it runs fine and I haven't done anything with it for a year expect change the oil. so last year during the summer I decided redo the front end and I've been taking it slow and working on it when I can. I took off the the blocks it had in the back on the leaf springs I got everything in expect the sway bar busing

I order this sway bar assembly from ra

when I got the parts in I notice the sway bar that was already on the truck was much lighter than the one from mevotech
anyways I took the old of off and put the new one in and Im having a real hard time getting the bushing in place it almost feels like that bar and bushing are to big

so I took the new now off and put the old one in and tried to use the bushing from the kit and im still having a hard time putting in the bushings

I bought some other b bushing from the O auto parts and I didn't ask them what size they were are but here's a pic of the box

I tired this bushing with the new bar can't get it to fit I tried them with the old bar and I still can't get them to fit

I tried the mevotech bushing with the new bar and I can't get them to fit and I tried the mevotech bushing with the old bar and I still couldn't get them to fit

it seems like the old bar fits better than the new

I don't know what to do so im hope y'all can help me out and give me some tips on putting these bushings In now ima post some pics of the truck

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-05-01 at 8.07.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-05-01 at 8.07.34 PM.png
    658.6 KB · Views: 6

LCALDERA98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
some new OEM decals and torsion bar keeps and bolts for when I paint the the truck and order the drop keys

LCALDERA98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
this is the driver side

LCALDERA98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
passenger side

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 98 k 1500 when I bought it it was lifted not sure what it has been done to it and neither did the guy I bought it from he. he told me hw won it from a bet and he let his family member diver for a while then it stopped starting.

anyways I have no idea what's been done to it but I got it started and it runs fine and I haven't done anything with it for a year expect change the oil. so last year during the summer I decided redo the front end and I've been taking it slow and working on it when I can. I took off the the blocks it had in the back on the leaf springs I got everything in expect the sway bar busing

I order this sway bar assembly from ra

when I got the parts in I notice the sway bar that was already on the truck was much lighter than the one from mevotech
anyways I took the old of off and put the new one in and Im having a real hard time getting the bushing in place it almost feels like that bar and bushing are to big

so I took the new now off and put the old one in and tried to use the bushing from the kit and im still having a hard time putting in the bushings

I bought some other b bushing from the O auto parts and I didn't ask them what size they were are but here's a pic of the box

I tired this bushing with the new bar can't get it to fit I tried them with the old bar and I still can't get them to fit

I tried the mevotech bushing with the new bar and I can't get them to fit and I tried the mevotech bushing with the old bar and I still couldn't get them to fit

it seems like the old bar fits better than the new

I don't know what to do so im hope y'all can help me out and give me some tips on putting these bushings In now ima post some pics of the truck
This is a great video to watch. Worth watching all, but start at 26:00 minute mark for your question.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
In what way do the bars and bushings not fit? The bushings can be ordered in different diameters. I measured my factory bar and ordered new bushings accordingly. Rockauto will list sizes.

I would guess it to be easier to install the bushings without the links to the lower control arms attached. This would allow better movement of the bar, while you're working on the mounts/bushings.

What made you decide to replace the bar to begin with? It's not a wear item, and I'd be surprised if it was changed when the truck was lifted by a prior owner.