98 Chevrolet C1500 SLT Wheel Spacers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sean Sills

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have the above truck with 89,000 original miles, one owner. I have the 5.7L motor. I am using the stock wheels but would like my tires to stick just outside of the wheel well. Can I just use wheel spacers? If so, what size would be recommended?

Also, if I want to level the front end, I don't have torsion keys so would need to use a spacer on top of the coil. Any thoughts?

boy&hisdogs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You CAN use spacers if you are gentle with the truck and check them any time you have the wheels off, but they are another potential point of failure and I wouldn't if you are doing anything more than normal driving. Since you have a 2wd, you can swap out a 4wd rear axle to bump the rear wheels out a couple inches. You might also see if you can swap in different front end parts to make it wider without spacers. I don't really know though, I've only ever had my 4x4 truck.

You could lift the front or drop the rear to level it, depending on which way you would rather go. There are lots of option when it comes to 2wd trucks, and I think lift spindles would probably be best since they don't affect your spring rate.

Sean Sills

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If I use the ones in this picture, will it cause it to ride rough?
You must be registered for see images attach