98 C1500 Vacuum Hose

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AlexHoopes

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm trying to figure out what hose this is that connects to my purge canister. I looked it up and found this but it says on their website that it doesn't fit my vehicle. I was wondering if anyone could guide me in the right direction here, as I have no idea what hose to be looking for. Already checked O'Reilly's and NAPA and neither knew either. I have attached images as to where the hose connects to, it is a plastic hose, hard plastic. Thanks in advance!
You must be registered for see images attach

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For a 1998 350, it’s GM part 12561901. It’s probably discontinued, a salvage yard would probably be a good choice. It’s the same part used for a 305, but not the six or 454.

The one in your link is for a Cadillac CTS.

Last edited:

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Damn. Time for a pressure washer lol. Btw. If you can get a good used oem part that's the way to go. If not you can get a hose of the same type and splice it if you have the original connector to the box. When I got in my crash, my canister line kinked (same hose) I straightened it out and noticed some punctures. Wrapped electrical tape around it and it's been working normal no sel. I also made sure it was strapped like oem so it doesn't flap or have play to bend again

Just a tip if your in a tight squeeze

AlexHoopes

Reaction score
I don’t have the original connectors for the box, where might I find a part number for that? Gonna have to use some plastic tubing can’t find that part anywhere, it was snagged out of my local junkyard already too

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The connectors on the end were included with the tube. The line can break easily, especially if you’re working in that area and lean on it. Mine is spliced with fuel hose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carnerd3000

Reaction score
I just found this thread, because I ran into the same problem, only I broke one of the connectors on mine because I didn't know how to get the hose off, lol. I had an idea, but I don't know if it will work: Do purge valve hoses on other GM vehicles have the same white ring connector/tab? If so, maybe I can take one, even from a new hose, and attach it to the one I got now. Are those white rings capable of being removed without being broken?