'98 Busurban Storm Chase Vehicle Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Why smash the driver's window? You have 3 others to choose from that you don't sit near.
Because I knew it would be the fastest to get from the junkyard. Think about it, when someone gets a window regulator from the junkyard, its usually for the drivers side, and they just leave the glass sitting in the door.

I was in and out of the junkyard in literially 45 seconds when a truck up front had already had its windows regular yanked out leaving the glass for the taking.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Because I knew it would be the fastest to get from the junkyard. Think about it, when someone gets a window regulator from the junkyard, its usually for the drivers side, and they just leave the glass sitting in the door.

I was in and out of the junkyard in literially 45 seconds when a truck up front had already had its windows regular yanked out leaving the glass for the taking.

That door takes the biggest beating though. Interior panel and its fasteners and fastener holders and all. I have a few missing from the driver's panel myself. Then that plastic wrap crap that gets butyl taped on. I'd rather the passenger side get all those drafts.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The worst part is that you'll never get rid of all the broken glass. You can strip the cab, take it down to bare metal, refurbish it with new parts, and three years later you'll drop your phone under the seat and find a couple more pieces of glass in the carpet.

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Another boo boo.
You must be registered for see images attach

I was driving down a country road when a fat ass robin Kamikaze'd right into my door. Can you believe that a bird caused this much damage?

It might've given me an excuse to get another door for the truck, since this dent's got a weird buckle that would suck to fix. Though it might be worth fixing given the fact that this door is rust free, and I'm no longer living in Denver. Though, if I do in fact see a half decent blue door, I'll snap it up.

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did a bit of work to the Burb today.

First of all, I sorta knocked out the bird strike in the drivers door. I'm not a PDR expert, but I don't think it looks half bad.

While I had the door panel off I decided to put in some new speakers (some random Sony's I got from a friend).

That then escalated into me upgrading my $15 walmart radio to this Pioneer unit I was given a few months ago.

Then before reinstalling the door panels, I decided to paint them.

So overall, I think I got a lot done today.

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

It's now the end of my long weekend, and I'm pleased with what I've accomplished.

On top of the stereo/interior work, I also installed yet another antenna, (a CB antenna) and replaced my missing hub cap.

Another thing I did was sorta finish the 1:24 scale model I was working on a few months ago.

Finally, I gave the truck a nice coat of wax.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score

It's now the end of my long weekend, and I'm pleased with what I've accomplished.

On top of the stereo/interior work, I also installed yet another antenna, (a CB antenna) and replaced my missing hub cap.

Another thing I did was sorta finish the 1:24 scale model I was working on a few months ago.

Finally, I gave the truck a nice coat of wax.
Is the model one of the Brookfield Burbs? You've done a nice job on it!

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is the model one of the Brookfield Burbs? You've done a nice job on it!
Yes it is, and I feel like I could have done a bit better with the paint, but it's not too bad.
I actually really only made it so I could film something fun and goofy using it.
Something akin to this or maybe the drawbridge scene.

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is starting to get ridiculous!!
THE TRANS BLEW AGAIN!!!

I was driving up a grade on my way home and all of a sudden it went, no gears, nothing. Fluid looks good, I think the pump went again.

Unlike last time, I'm still under warrenty, so I'm going to see if I can ship the trans back to the guy and get a refund (I might do a 4l80e or nv3500 swap now).