'98 Busurban Storm Chase Vehicle Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Maybe I could make my own from some a piece of plexiglass, some lenses tinting, and a strip of sheet metal?
Yea I think you pretty much got it down, last time I had seen one they don't look too complex to make.

*My mistake on calling it a fiberglass bug shield, they were some form of plastic/acrylic or something, not fiberglass. But yea I think the plexiglass and tinting should make it look pretty similar.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Yea I think you pretty much got it down, last time I had seen one they don't look too complex to make.

*My mistake on calling it a fiberglass bug shield, they were some form of plastic/acrylic or something, not fiberglass. But yea I think the plexiglass and tinting should make it look pretty similar.
Yes I used to have one for a square body truck, and I think the clear part is probably acrylic or plexiglass. That stuff is expensive in big pieces though!

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

What did I buy this truck for again?

Oh yea, that (storm chasing).

Anyways, I started mounting all my antennas and saftey stuff last night.

I'm aiming to be in Arkansas by this weekend (assuming the weather pans out) and I just got a few more things to tidy up before I can leave.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score

What did I buy this truck for again?

Oh yea, that (storm chasing).

Anyways, I started mounting all my antennas and saftey stuff last night.

I'm aiming to be in Arkansas by this weekend (assuming the weather pans out) and I just got a few more things to tidy up before I can leave.

Sounds like you have a good plan, and a good truck to work with. Travel safe and remember we like pictures!
My Burb survived a tornado that came down our street during Hurricane Harvey in 2017. When the neighbors called me with the news( they lost their carport) I expected to see it with 2x4s embedded in it. Just got water inside from the leaking door weather strip. Smelled like a wet dog for a while, but otherwise unscathed.

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh no, I started hearing a squeaking noise while driving and I assumed it was maybe the rear brakes (those burnouts finally caught up with me) but after checking them over/readjusting them, I found no issued.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Then I realized that the issue was the rear end.

I'm going the pull the cover and check out the damage, if it's really bad, I'm just gonna weld the gears, and look around for an entire used unit.

It probably needs bearings, definitely wheel seals, and I would get a chance to install my 2 In lift blocks in the rear if I went this route.

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This had definitely put a wrench in my storm chasing plans, but it's been doing this for a couple months already, so I'm not too worried about it.

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You know what, it probably just needs wheel bearings, but I'll only be able to tell that once I pull the cover.

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm sorry to say this, but my Burb might not be with me much longer.

I might be trading it for this one.

It's an '86 C20 with a 454/TH400.

It's a kick ass truck, but it means that I'll be GMT400-less.
(it shouldn't be long before I find myself with another).