98 5.7 chevy suburban k1500 weird hissing from intake area and fuel pump runs constantly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
also need to change motor mounts very badly but dont have the extra cash right now so guess it will have to wait a few weeks
"Good luck".

I put my 300.000 mile mounts back in when I couldn't find new mounts that were worth buying. The Polyurethane inserts don't fit right even though they're advertised as working on these trucks, and the crappy Chinese mounts scare me.

You must be registered for see images attach

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
"Good luck".

I put my 300.000 mile mounts back in when I couldn't find new mounts that were worth buying. The Polyurethane inserts don't fit right even though they're advertised as working on these trucks, and the crappy Chinese mounts scare me.

You must be registered for see images attach

Weird. I have poly inserts in my LT1 Camaro and they fit nice and tight. Not sure which brand as they came with the car. Be sure to weld the halves back together, the zip tie and frame bolts won't do the trick. I had a housing stretch out on my so replaced it with a not stretched factory housing that was welded together. On that application there are a couple of rivets you drill out to open the housing and it needs something in its place to hold it shut.

james28909

Reaction score
well figured id update this and answer that the oil sending unit did infact fix this problem and i also have oil pressure on my dash again :D

also, i were having this weird slight hesitation after first cold start, engine would stumble bad when trying to go up a small hill, and after it warmed up it seemed to just run like **** (after all the hard work i do too ;) ) well turns out the maf sensor has 2 sides to it and i was only spraying the backside of the sensors. once i removed the screen, i seen the front side of them and they were nasty af. i cleaned them with some electronic contact/terminal cleaner by QFC i think is the name brand. i put the maf back in after cleaning it real good and the BEAST IS REALLY ALIVE NOW! my heavy ass suburban can finally outrun those pesky honda civics once again muhahahahahaha