98 4/6 drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ken Brown

Reaction score
New to the group as i have been a square body guy but i just snagged a 98 short box v6 auto . My origional plan was to do a 2/4 drop but after much reading on here and seeing how adamant @sewlow was about this topic i decided to go 4/6. I am looking at the belltech kit and wondering if i need the coils or if i should save the money and order the spindles shocks and flip kit seperately and cut my old ones, and if so how much do i cut .Thanks for any input .
You must be registered for see images attach

TacosnBeer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome... 4/6 is perfect... you would be disappointed with anything less! Nice GMC, looks just like mine except for the lack of trim... I am taking mine off little by little.

ken Brown

Reaction score
Well after countless hrs of reading this forom for past few days to have enough knoledge to make a uneducated opinion and ordered everything today. I work at a local parts store here in the greater vancouver area called West -Can auto so i got all of it at cost. I went with all bell tech spindles sp shocks and the flip kit. I will cut the coils for now and if i find it to be an issue i will get the new ones next spring and do the rest of the front end parts at the same time . The truck wont ever see more that 3 km a day of driving this year me to go to work and back part time (retired).I also ordered cab corners and passenger rocker panel and rear roll pan which i may or may not do this year ,i'm a ticketed bodyman and painter by trade so thats the easy part . Parts arive next week so once i dive into this ill keep updating with pic's of how i stumbled through. Cheers :)

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think you'll have issues with cutting a coil, it's safe. Heating them isn't safe (I know, you didn't suggest it as an option, it's just a PSA) I just think they ride poorly cut.
She'll look good low....

ken Brown

Reaction score
Tbh it was just me being cheap... 3 harleys and 5 trucks ago the wife said no more so in order for me to continue on living i had to make a plea deal lmao. i just sold my 05 fatboy i built and got to keep 4500.00 of it to buy something else and the parts i wanted and i have to keep it for a minimume of 1 year and if i sell it i must make a set profit. i paid 2800 for the truck and spent 1100 today,Canadian dollars ..so 12 bucks USD :p

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Ooo! Nice Ranchero! Favourite body style of the Falcons.
Buddy bought a '62 semi-complete project years ago. We all told him not to, being an ultra-low production body style + a Ranchero to boot.
Even though he hot rodded it, it still took him a lot of years to track down nice trim & rust-free body parts. Especially the stainless box trim, front fenders & a tailgate.
He bought a 2dr wagon for parts but it was too nice to part out. When the Ranchero was done, he built that too.
Some guys are suckers for punishment! Lol!

Used to go to 192 & 24th of Friday nights.

Last edited:

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'll agree with cut coils. Yeah it's cheap and brings the front down, but rides like ****. Mine is like a friggin' pogo stick. Debating getting progressive rate coils or stock with lowering spindles.