98 4/6 drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TacosnBeer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
#coil-overs!!!! You will never go back and Aldan sells them for under 500!!! Well worth the money if you can go there. I will NEVER go back on any vehicle! LOL

ken Brown

Reaction score
Parts came in yesterday so today i got started by removing the box and dropping the diff. got the axle flipped and back in losely and then decided i should really do new spring bushings and shacles while i got it at this stage .So tuesady on my day off ill tear it back appart, also going to run new steel lines on the back end ...the main line behind tank had been change recently it looks like .
You must be registered for see images attach

ken Brown

Reaction score
So today is my day off and i was able to get going on things. Removed springs and dropped them off to have bushings done, then got going on the c notch. Went pretty smooth and got a lot done .

TacosnBeer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
From a safety and longevity standpoint... you should weld those notches in too... I have seen two trucks with bolted in notches and the frame cracked so bad, they had to back half the truck. It just makes it stronger than the 8 bolts.

My 2 cents... truck is coming along though!

ken Brown

Reaction score
it will never hual anything more than a few 2x4's...was going to weld them in but i may have other plans in the future if i dont get the look i am after , and since it will only move about 5 km a day ill see how it goes this summer . If i am 100% happy with it ill pull box over winter and weld them in place.

ken Brown

Reaction score
Made some good progress past 2 days :). Front end is lowered now ...took @sewlow 's advice and cut the coils myself ,took out 3/4 of a coil hoping it would be right and it was :). Got the rocker in and cab corner clamped but ran out of c25 for the mig and its a holiday tomorrow >.<

ken Brown

Reaction score
Took a do nothing day yesterday as it has been a busy spring...but today i got some things done and started to put it together . Tomorrow's list ...new body mounts and align cab and box and bolt it tight ,tighten front end up and clearance lower controll arms and the finish up rear oll pan ...over all im happy with the bellteck 4/6 :)

Last edited: