97k1500 Carb swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
New to forums,

I have a 97k1500 with a 383 stoker with a 4L60e in it. I have ran into some issues when carb swapping it and in need of advise. I have already installed new intake, hei distributor and carb. I am running a Edelbrock 700. I have also ordered a US shift edelbrock TPS kit. I have already installed a fuel regulator because I am going to run the stock fuel pump for now. I am struggling in figuring out throttle cables. I have read that you can still run the stock cables and bracket but haven't found how it can be possible.

Looking to see if others have done this and found a way to make this work. Also if others have advice or guidance for me so I don't make stupid mistakes that others have learned from.

Thank you in advance.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reaction score
I'm running a Holley Sniper in a TBI truck with a 700R4, and I used Summit's Holley bracket. It's fairly adjustable, but I'm not sure if it would work for your configuration.
Did you use the Stock throttle cables? and if so, did they look out of place or weird?

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score