97 Tahoe with 4/6 Belltech Drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99kon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know old thread but any more updates?
I'm getting mine this weekend.

LovesDunes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Funny you should ask. The 5.7 was getting tired, 2 cylinders had barely any compression. Instead of rebuilding the 5.7 or buying someone else's tired 5.7 I bought a 5.3 from a wrecked 2002 Tahoe that only had 70,500 miles. In the process of making the harness and cleaning up the engine compartment. It seems crazy how GM laid out the wires under the hood. I am re-routing everything so under the hood isn't such a clusterf#!K of wiring. The computer will now live inside the Tahoe with the wiring snaking up the back of the engine and then branching off from there. The only wires that really stand out now are the ones going to the control module for the ABS on the DS inner fender well. Hopefully when it's all done I will have figured out something to do with that mess as well. I will post pictures when I have something that might be of interest. Right now it's just a mess of old wires looking for a new home in the new computer.

LovesDunes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here's some pics I found of it's last road trip...

You must be registered for see images attach

99kon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well here is mine!
How did you get the LED cubes mounted?
I have a set of Rigid Industries Dually and a set of D2's that I could use!!
The dually for low beam and D2's for high beam.

What shocks are you running?
Mine has the belltech leafs and rides like a wagon!!

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks. The wheels are Boyd Codington Smoothie 2s. The rears are 20X10 and the backspace dimension is 5 7/8". The tires are 295/45/20. I will get the dimensions on the front in the next few days when I remove them to polish them.

Did you ever find out the bs on the front wheels.. I love those wheels ..

LovesDunes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes I did. But need to go measure again because I can't find where I wrote it down. Will go measure when the rain stops coming down so hard.