97 Suburban Electric Fans ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97Burban57

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looking to install my lt1 camaro electric fans in my 97 bourbon, is there any wiring kits to make this easy? I would want the fan to kick on at a certain temp!

97Burban57

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im installing electric fans to get rid of the giant fan shroud and have a ton of space in front of the accessories for easy maintenance. Also will be deleting the egr, carbon canister and anything else that isn't necessary that's clogging up space.
Plus up here in Michigan it's freezing and i would like to get heat much quicker than i am with the mechanical fan running from start up on!

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im installing electric fans to get rid of the giant fan shroud and have a ton of space in front of the accessories for easy maintenance.
How often do you "maintain" the accessories? Change the alternator or PS pump? Dick with the A/C compressor clutch?

Also will be deleting the egr,
What are you planning to do about the additional detonation? The knock sensor will be very unhappy, the computer will pull timing, you'll lose power and economy. It'll set at least one code, but probably more unless you screw with the computer programming.

carbon canister
Because the air needs more hydrocarbon pollution.

and anything else that isn't necessary that's clogging up space.
Define "necessary".

Plus up here in Michigan it's freezing and i would like to get heat much quicker than i am with the mechanical fan running from start up on!
That's what the thermostat is for. The engine should be able to supply heated water to the heater core without heating the entire radiator.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As was stated functioning thermostant is important. You don't really understand the heating or cooling systems by your statements. Based on that, your wanting to remove or change anything shows you know no science or systems functions. Too bad.

97Burban57

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Beautiful comments guys lmao!!!
Well how often do i mess with the accessories? I just had to change the power steering pump last week, also getting ready to pull the intake soon to fix a leak. It won't throw any codes because i will be getting a obd2 tune on the pcm. EGR will not throw codes or cause detonation with a tune. And in my opinion that emissions crap is 100% UNNECESSARY with a motor that has over 200k miles on it, it's just more crap to clog up and fail and cause issues.
My 96 lt1 camaro has all that ******** deleted and I LOVE the extra space it provides when de cluttering that worthless crap.
GoToGuy, too bad your an idiot with that comment, i built my entire motor in my Camaro with about 425hp and deleted all that crap and installed a becool radiator with ELECTRIC FANS and the build has 35k miles on it with no issues so take your know it all attitude and go drive down the road in your Prius.

97Burban57

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well i did get rid of the cats on the LT1 camaro but kept the front 02 sensors.
Probably keep the cats on the suburban but eventually those too get plugged up and become useless. What clean air? Don't worry the liberals are hard at work trying to take away our gasoline and push for even more pollutant electric cars!