97 Silverado RCSB 1/4 mile

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fast450ridr

Reaction score
Sounds good. It raps quick like my little nitrous small block. I thought it had a carb till I read about your combo.
I've always wanted an engine that revs quick like a carburated race engine. This one is close! Hoping it snaps even quicker when the tune is right.

fast450ridr

Reaction score
Lots of activity with the truck the past few months. I found relatively minimal damage to the main, rod, and cam bearings, so I elected to replace them myself to get everything back together quickly.

I gave wrong information to my driveshaft builder regarding the u joints at the rear of the truck, resulting in my driveshaft ejecting itself from the axle at around 100 mph on a mexican county road. The driveshaft was scraped up from sliding down the asphalt, but otherwise undamaged. I replaced the yoke on the axle with a strange 1350 yoke and installed the correct u joint in the driveshaft, eliminating any chance of that happening again.

I took the truck to Justune here in KC to be tuned, and he tuned it to 460 hp on his dyno. I was hoping for 500+ at the tires, but there's plenty of power left to be found with more effort and $$$ in the cylinder heads, valvetrain, and induction.

I went down to MoKan Dragway on 11/13 for one of the last fun drags of the year, and ran 11.97 at 116 my first pass after a two hour drive. I was very happy to achieve my goal of an 11.xx pass on my first attempt, but knew the truck is capable of more after it failed to execute a WOT 1-2 and 2-3 shift. I messed with shift points and launch rpm the rest of the day, and improved to 11.88 at 117.52 for my best pass of the day. I still hadn't resolved the shifting issues by the end of the day.

My transmission builder suggested adding a line pressure sensor to the trans to datalog line pressure. Doing this showed my pressure far too low, 74 psi at wot. We found the EPC solenoid's hold down had broken, allowing the pressure to push the EPC out of it's hole and leak past the solenoid. Fixing this improved the pressure, but I'm still not sure it's where it should be. At least the trans shifts when it needs to now. We'll dig in some more after the holidays are over.

I had a ton of fun racing a couple of times before the track shut down for winter, even with the issues to be fixed. I look forward to making everything work right and racing as much as I can next year.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media