97 Sierra rcsb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hb32

Reaction score
Please report on the ride difference going from the 20's to the 15 X 8s. I have seen so many YouTube examples of lowered trucks then riding on very tall wheels and wonder why. Lower a truck suspension then raise with extreme rims ? Cheers.
Will do.

hb32

Reaction score
20’s sold today, picked up some paint for the rally wheels and need to get a couple sand blasted. Tires just happen to be going on sale Friday.

hb32

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
They are on. Not sure if I like the colour. Could not get a 70 or 60 series tire close to the 235 75r15’s that it original came with so that’s what is on the rally wheels.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Paint them red, like the truck. I did a set on my 79 brown to match the color of the truck. They looked grate. Here is a pic. By the way, welcome to the forum, and nice trucks.

hb32

Reaction score
Ordered the Core short throw shifter this morning. All that’s left is to touch up the missing paint where the trim used to be.

hb32

Reaction score
Please report on the ride difference going from the 20's to the 15 X 8s. I have seen so many YouTube examples of lowered trucks then riding on very tall wheels and wonder why. Lower a truck suspension then raise with extreme rims ? Cheers.
Huge difference in ride. Truck used to wander, for lack of better words and I was constantly correcting. Very happy with the Michelin’s. Also picked up brand new, Made in the USA, upper and lower ball joints as well as inner and outer tie rod ends last weekend at a swap meet. Ball joints are good on my pickup and some slop in the tie rods but minimal. Will swap them out over the winter.

hb32

Reaction score
Installed the Core shifter yesterday and definitely a different feel. Still trying to find gears especially down shifting from 5th as I am use to the longer pattern. Overall happy at this point but need to figure out the size of a jamb nut, for lack of a better term, to position the shifter ball properly.

JeezLouiseGMC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My other project that is fighting as well.
I know I'm a bit late to the party but I'm just seeing this thread. its so cool to see those flatheads running around. it kind of like seeing an old airplane engine running around, very cool!

hb32

Reaction score
I know I'm a bit late to the party but I'm just seeing this thread. its so cool to see those flatheads running around. it kind of like seeing an old airplane engine running around, very cool!
Thanks and having an issue getting it started.

hb32

Reaction score
Replaced the front bumper last week with a new to me version without the trim. Bumper has a decal indicating 1994 and I had the inner brackets with it which was a good thing. After I installed on the ones that came with the truck, major gap on the passenger side. Could not bring it in with any adjustments. Had a look at the 94’s and the top mounting hole was at least 3/4” closer to the rad support, for lack of a better description, then the ones that came with the truck. Installed the 94’s and everything fits well. Food for thought and I thought 88-98 would be the same.