97 Sierra build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Picked up a new daily today! 97 Sierra ext cab. Has 170k on it and picked it up for 2500. Not a bad deal!
Although the wiper motor crapped out on me on the highway in a torrential rain storm. I'm going to put in a new one tomorrow.
You must be registered for see images attach

Some of what i wanted to do to it is done already. The chrome wheels, smoked headlights and exhaust.
Plans include:
-smoked cab lights
-smoked tail lights
-black billet grille
-color match the tow mirrors
-led interior
-better head unit and sub
-window tint
-new carpet

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Very nice truck...I’d do 2% tint

I would love to however the cops wouldn't. Lol. I could probaly get away with 20% however. Now in NYS you wont pass inspection unless it allowes 75% or more light to pass. But if i do 20% and know a guy i can get it passed ;)

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Gave it a bath and cleaned out the interior.

Tried cleaning and polishing up the wheels the best i could with wd-40 and fine steel wool, followed by chrome polish. They came out ok but still not 100%.

Also noticed that someone did this. I wonder what they were thinking.. :p

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There is a procedure for fixing the wiper board. Essentially all you do is melt the edge solder connections with an iron and "re-flow" the connection which works loose over time. I haven't done one but would not hesitate to try it before buying one. Nice truck and should clean up nicely.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
Wipe pulse board is a very easy replacement. Did mine last year in less than 5 minutes.

Nice looking truck!