97 SAS Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hamps

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dig it man.
Let us know how those tires work in the rain. My dad had some similar on a farm truck. I felt like I was gonna have supper with Jesus every time it rained.
I would love to have a beer with the WFO group. Seems like they enjoy what they do build awesome rigs and provide solid products.
You doing the link ready crossmember?

Mully

Reaction score
Dig it man.
Let us know how those tires work in the rain. My dad had some similar on a farm truck. I felt like I was gonna have supper with Jesus every time it rained.
I would love to have a beer with the WFO group. Seems like they enjoy what they do build awesome rigs and provide solid products.
You doing the link ready crossmember?
I run mud tires on the Tacoma with similar pattern, but the Tacoma is lighter. WFO is a great company, real helpful. Got parts on order from ORD, going with leaf springs. Just building a nice tow vehicle.

Hamps

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I run mud tires on the Tacoma with similar pattern, but the Tacoma is lighter. WFO is a great company, real helpful. Got parts on order from ORD, going with leaf springs. Just building a nice tow vehicle.
Good
I’m running everything from them except for rear springs. Finally got everything together and the rear needs to come up an inch. Instead of running another leaf I’m gonna order a custom pack for the rear. Everything else form ORD I can vouch for even down to the Kevlar bushings. Super pleased with the outcome.

Have you figured out steering yet?

Mully

Reaction score
Good
I’m running everything from them except for rear springs. Finally got everything together and the rear needs to come up an inch. Instead of running another leaf I’m gonna order a custom pack for the rear. Everything else form ORD I can vouch for even down to the Kevlar bushings. Super pleased with the outcome.

Have you figured out steering yet?
I have had nothing but good luck with ORD. Worked with them on a 72 stepside I built, lifted, locked and Nitrous Oxide injected. E-Ticket ride 100%, made my wife scream like a little girl every time she rode in it. For steering, I am sending knuckles to Sky's Offroad Design for their cross over steering conversion kit. We just picked up the trans/tc on Saturday. So this weekend, I plan on tearing into the front axle. Full rebuild, new bearings, seals, gears, locker, and more. All of our rides usually have a friend or a family member driving them, so I try to do it right and build a safe vehicle. Thanks for your interest.

Attachments

• 000_0483(1).jpg
    000_0483(1).jpg
    343.4 KB · Views: 27

Mully

Reaction score
Brand new 5.7L Vortec crate engine, hoses, AC compressor, 120V alternator, radiator and more. All new GM parts and a bunch of SAS stuff has started to arrive.

Attachments

• 20220528_083333.jpg
    20220528_083333.jpg
    204.6 KB · Views: 20
  • 20220528_084146.jpg
    20220528_084146.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 20

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
When welding on the tubes, does the gear oil inside get smoked?

Or do you drain the oil beforehand, swab out the tube, weld, then backfill with new oil, or...

What?

(neat ride, BTW)

I used a rosebud to heat shrink cool my axle on my Camaro to get a little camber and toe. I did it with gear oil inside and changed it after. I don't remember it smelling burned though.