97' Lil' Blue Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

itgm

Reaction score
Decided to black out the rusty spots underneath:
You must be registered for see images attach

itgm

Reaction score
She is not happy about something, I keep seeing these puddles of coolant/water that is cold to the touch. I'm going to check the lower radiator hose and water pump ASAP. If anyone else has ideas, I'm all ears

itgm

Reaction score
AC is fixed! All coolant leaks have been repaired, and installed a new power steering pump. It's so much easy to turn these big tires now. I'm letting her run out of gas, and I have a container that'll keep me until I find a gas station.
The previous owner said the fuel gauge was wrong and to always fill it at a half tank. I think it's just full of crud for sitting so long, but I'm at 400 miles now and still running! I plan on filling it up with 93 to help clean up the crud.

I used dry ice to repair a ding on my bumper bar:
Before -

After -

So fun playing with dry ice!

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
AC is fixed! All coolant leaks have been repaired, and installed a new power steering pump. It's so much easy to turn these big tires now. I'm letting her run out of gas, and I have a container that'll keep me until I find a gas station.
The previous owner said the fuel gauge was wrong and to always fill it at a half tank. I think it's just full of crud for sitting so long, but I'm at 400 miles now and still running! I plan on filling it up with 93 to help clean up the crud.

I used dry ice to repair a ding on my bumper bar:
Before -

After -

So fun playing with dry ice!
You repaired a dent with dry ice? I never heard of that, enlighten me. How do you repair a dent with dry ice.

itgm

Reaction score
You repaired a dent with dry ice? I never heard of that, enlighten me. How do you repair a dent with dry ice.
It really depends on the metal and the part your using it on. This had no paint, so I wasn't worried about that. This will probably make any painted parts chipped.
If it's a small metal piece, unlike my bumper bar, then freeze it with water in the freezer. If its hollow, the best way would be to fill it with water.
Depending on the metal, the dent may not be immediately fixed when frozen. In this case, immediately take a hot heat gun or low setting on torch right after pulling it from freezing.

The idea is that freezing the part will contract it, then using heat immediately after expands the metal and pops the ding out.
In my case, I got lucky and freezing was enough.
I prefer to use dry ice, but it must be handled carefully and with gloves. Using dry ice is definitely a quicker way to do it.

itgm

Reaction score
Transmission bit the dust today. I've got my eye on a monster built one to put in next week.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Transmission bit the dust today. I've got my eye on a monster built one to put in next week.

If you mean something from "Monster Transmission," I would strongly suggest finding something else. There are horror stories all over the internet about them.

GreenZ98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you mean something from "Monster Transmission," I would strongly suggest finding something else. There are horror stories all over the internet about them.
I second this. Idk that I've ever seen anything other than horror stories.

itgm

Reaction score
Who would you recommend then? I would like to purchase one today if possible.