97' Lil' Blue Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

itgm

Reaction score
Still down, transfer case doesn't seem to be the issue. After much searching, it appears as if my problem is very common.
Starts up great, idles great, starts going down the road great... then it bogs down and starts to backfire and won't go any faster.
However, if I reset the codes with the obd2 then it runs fine. This indicates to me it's an electrical issue.

Just in case, I changed MAF sensor, o2 sensor, fuel filter, new plugs, wires, distributor and rotor. This has to be an electrical problem since the problem goes away when reset. I'm going to have to dig through the rat's nest of wires near passenger front fender well and start testing them.
My capabilities are weak in this area, so it'll be a slow go.
I wish I could find the part number for that harness, might be easier.

Last edited:

itgm

Reaction score
Well, I've thrown in the towel. I've gone too long without a vehicle, and I can't figure out what's wrong with the truck. I just purchased a one owner 2004 escalade esv platinum. The only reason I picked up this model and year is because I know my new transmission will work with the lq9. I wish I could post in the classified because I've got many parts I need gone. I guess it's ebay or nothing.
I haven't decided to sell the truck yet, but I do need to recoup some funds.
I'd like to introduce Pearl (old owner named her):
You must be registered for see images attach