97 K1500 Z71 4x4 Street Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaxson Frye

Reaction score
My first truck that I'd like to build a 4x4 street truck with, So far I've built a 355 SBC with pistons, LT4 hot cam from Gm performance, Upgraded pushrods, roller lifters, Scorpion 1:6 roller rockers, New vortec heads with "performance" valve springs, Long tube headers, Tall valve covers, EGR delete.

The plan is to get it running as soon as I have the money again, the mods that will go along with that are 0411 swap, redoing the whole engine bay and trans wiring harness, MPFI system from FiveOMotorsports that supports higher hp, BBK throttle body, Porting intake, Trans rebuild with upgraded parts from Monster transmission, and more than likely a rear-end soon after it runs (Motors cam bearings went out trying to blow up rear end because it was about there) and at that point it should make 400ish hp

The end goal is a completely restored truck, a decent amount of hp, but still driveable to be a fun street truck

The day I got it
You must be registered for see images attach

The day it blew up :(

Tore down the motor and found heavily worn Valve train parts like timing chain and cam

Started putting her back together

I'll add a pic of the motor in the truck later tonight

I'll post updates as I do things and keep this thread running if it has enough traffic, Thanks for looking!