97 K1500 project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok, understood.

Maybe just a naming difference? The seems like still 4 sensors? All have data output on your scanner? Well, except the one you said could possibly be failing?

I'm not familiar with the 4.3 Vortec on the GMT400, but I seem to recall reading here there's something different compared to the V8 exhaust. Just one cat? I don't recall. @df2x4 has a 4.3 truck and knows for sure.

They must have changed this, because on the GMT800 the exhaust between the V6 and V8 is the same.

Edit: sorry, I just saw previous post...

Airmanwoody

Reaction score
Having been up close and personal with it a few times....

One 02 just aft of the manifolds on each side, than one pre-cat and one post-cat. Truck only has one cat. Per the wiring diagrams, the ones nearest the cats are both regarded as bank 1.

We'll get her figured out eventually.

I've gotten spoiled with several diesels that have none of this crap.

Last edited:

Airmanwoody

Reaction score
Well, after replacing B1S1 and B1S3 the truck is running nicely again. B1S3 looked like it had been hit with something at some point and the tip was bent and deformed. B1S2 was that way when I changed it a few weeks ago as well.

New ignition cylinder installed, now that works like it should. Gotta pull the door panels and install the new locks that are keyed to the new ignition keys, and still have a long way to go, but at least it's drivable again.

Airmanwoody

Reaction score
Finally got the exhaust fixed. Nice and pretty quiet now.

Took it on a 50 mile trip, and got a code for the catalyst. Was fine when there was no muffler behind it, but bad now. So, guess it's time to go shopping for that.