97 K1500 NV3500 to NV4500 swap help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Selven

Reaction score
Hey guys, here's my story.
I've got myself a 1997 Chevy K1500 Silverado single cab, shortbed. It has a wounded transmission so I picked up an NV4500 from a 1994 GMC to swap in. But it didn't come with the bellhousing. So my question is, Do I pick up the earlier style bellhousing and covert the clutch setup? (I'm also somewhat confused on all that's need to do that. I read once that I'll have to change over the hydraulic line after the master cylinder-all the way back down?) Or keep the current style clutch? In Northern Utah where I live trying to find either style bellhousing is like finding hens teeth.

The best choice I've found for the second choice is a kit from Advance Adapters PN:#712576

Any help and advice would be HUGELY appreciated. The truck's sitting in my garage right now with no transfer case and a sad realization that I didn't do my due diligence and verify the clutch style for a second nv3500 before I forked over the cash and took it home. :badidea::Stupid Me: