97 k1500 4l60e transmission help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dannothemanno

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got my transmission rebuilt about half a year ago and I seem to have a issue where when I'm driving around 45 and up the rpms seem to drop around 1200 rpm and stay there even while accelerating unless I step hard on the gas. so far I've replaced the tps and brake switch and nothing what else should I check?

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
You say you have replaces the TPS but did you test it first? My simple obd2 computer can test the TPS and show it in graph form. I would double check it if you can. Before I knew about the computer test..... I thought my tps was fine while chasing a hesitation. I swapped it and didnt notice a difference so I put the old one back on. It turns out it was actually a failing new delphi fuel pump. However while screwing around with the computer I see this tps test.... i giver a go and notice a very small break in the graph line.... it is no good. So I put the new tps back on and tore ass outta my drive way like a brand new sports car.

I love my truck! People look at me funny when they see my old burb launch at a red light. LOL. puts a smile in my face everytime.

Al

Dannothemanno

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You say you have replaces the TPS but did you test it first? My simple obd2 computer can test the TPS and show it in graph form. I would double check it if you can. Before I knew about the computer test..... I thought my tps was fine while chasing a hesitation. I swapped it and didnt notice a difference so I put the old one back on. It turns out it was actually a failing new delphi fuel pump. However while screwing around with the computer I see this tps test.... i giver a go and notice a very small break in the graph line.... it is no good. So I put the new tps back on and tore ass outta my drive way like a brand new sports car.

I love my truck! People look at me funny when they see my old burb launch at a red light. LOL. puts a smile in my face everytime.

Al

So how do I test the tps